Sunday, November 1, 2009

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord.

Madi reminded me of this today, and I am trying to be sucessful at this. Stupid things keep trying to bring me down. Like hitting my poor Pilot and taking off. Buttheads.
I have to remember that there is always somebody's life that is having a worse story than I. It's here I just remember I have 2 of the most fabulous beautiful children in the world that they love each other tremendously. Plus I'm thinkin they really really love their momma too. I also have the best friends and family anyone could ever ever ask for. That's all we need...LOVE. Everything else is just stuff and we will get through all this, and have these stories as a guide for the rest of our lives. Madi and I had a nice conversation that God doesn't give us more than he feels we can handle. We are very strong. We will be just fine. I told them I cant' wait for the day to come when we get to help fix someone elses dilemma. I will be very good at it.
After watching Madi's ball game this morning(nice double there woman!), we met up with Julie's family and Barrie's family for church. After which we went to a nice lunch to Rock Bottom for some great mac and cheese. Mike thank you for the lunch. Madi had a great time connecting with Jake(Barrie&Mike's Jake). Emily and my Jake continue to look like twins, and Ethan and Bryce wrote a really neat song. Caroline was great at being a cute little kid with extra celery sticks. The Petty family provided our family with a nice Rubbermaid basket filled with stuff our family will be needing. Thank You so so much Petty family. You're the best. Our visit wasnt long enough before my Jake had to get to work. Darn.
Tonight we celebrated my nephews 12th birthday. Spagetti dinner. Yummy.
2 days of no pain meds. i like that. Really dont like the fingers feet and face feeling all funky. But I see the dr tomorrow to discuss changes that are going to need to occur so I can feel those body parts later on when I am teaching my grandaughter how to throw down.
Mmmmmm nothing better than nice clean sheets at bedtime. My fav.

2 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure spending some time with you all... And don't forget that you have probably spent more time and energy than you know helping others through their rough spots... way more. You are loved... a lot!!! Hugs-Team Petty

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys might just have to kick my butt and remind me...probably a lot at first.OK?--You can count on it if ya need it LOL

    Hi Peggy

    Talked with Tom K and heard you were making good progress. That's great to hear my friend. Keep it going :)

    Hang on while I knock on the wooden table next to me. My leg ulcers remain healed. Hope they'll stay that way. I miss you, Nancy et al at the wound care center. You've all become family to me. You're all fantastic people. Please say Hi to them next time you're there. I'm putting together a package of supplies I have to donate for other patients to use if they can so will get in there myself one day soon.

    You're very much in my thoughts. Keep it going gal :)

    Don

    ReplyDelete