Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bonus, Bonus, Bonus


Today is day 2 of Round 3 on my march toward being DONE with chemo. Here’s the bonus: between my chemo brain and my friend Julie’s bad math skills…I have corrected my “countdown to triumph” clock and it now shows 68 days, 22 hours and 45 minutes- otherwise known as November 25 at 5pm…just in time to rest up for Thanksgiving dinner! Yahooooo!
Looking forward to meatloaf, mashed potatoes and rolls tonight for dinner- thanks to Girl Scout Troop # 1806!
Yesterday was fun with my friend Terri Stepp, aka Burl Ives…is there really anything better than whipping cream in a can?
Tuesday was a great day at Entz Elementary School with Ryland’s 3rd Grade Rutabaga’s. They gave me get well cards and letters and I gave each of them homemade butterfly or football cookies. They named me an Honorary Rutabaga and I have the tee shirt to prove it. On the back of the tee each of them put their thumbprint and painted a face on it. Brittany made sure to point out that she was on my right shoulder blade. They were certain to show me they still had purple thumbs! What a fabulous gift!
I’m great, if I turn my head a certain way I can hear my heart beating; the kids are great, I am so proud of their grades and that they joined neat service groups at school; Randy is great, he’s in Solar Energy School this week!
All is well!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you Copperstate! Oh wait that's me.
    How dare you not call me back!!! Oh wait that's me.
    Well, I'm going to DESTROY this cancer thang, oh wait that's you.

    You rock, you rule, you're the man, you're the bomb!

    Love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete