Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone


I have to admit this has been one great xmas season. A lot to appreciate. And, I had a great time seeing and talking to all my family and friends. Wed we all got to go see Grandma. My best present ... Her German potato salad...Yummy. It was great to see her. We attended a great Christmas Eve service at McDowell Mountain Community Church. Then off to dinner at my sister's house. Santa came and brought us all kinds of goodies at our house. Christmas night we moved on to Sabra and Lou's house where we had a fantastic prime rib dinner with Julie, Emily, Ethan, Kevin, and Madi. Jake had to work sadly. We had fun playing Apples to Apples and waking up and watching proposal. Poor Julie took off to the ER to treat whatever was making her throat swell to the size of Georgia. All's well now. Home on antibiotics and good drugs.
Madi, Emily, Ethan and I watched Avatar in 3-D. It was a great movie. We all loved it. Dont think I'll probably do the 3-D thing again. It was OK, but not fantastic.
As we speak I am downloading all my camera cards, and cleaning my lenses for one of my most exciting trips yet. We're finally going to the Grand Canyon to take pictures while there is snow everywhere. Patrick is in town still. We had to cancel earlier this week since the universe decided to make it extra good and give us lots of snow for our pictures. The high is 30, and the low is 7. I truly think I am going to freeze my butt off. But, I am taking plenty of warm clothes, and a heater, and gloves... Can't wait. I hope the black ice stays minimal. So I'm gonna go get Jake from work right now, and get to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment