Friday, August 28, 2009

Doing my community service


Well so far today has been one of those days. I so wanna keep those spirits up sky high. But not even 24 hrs after chemo, I already have thrush. That lovely furry mouth crap...AGAIN. That's OK though. My friend Julie has me down on a countdown, that shows 109 days till all is said and done...Then the bucket list commences. I've been thinkin...something positive out of all this chemo crud. Every time I go to the bathroom, I'm eliminating chemo waste. So why not think about how many sewer rats I am preventing from getting this fallopian cancer . Here's to hoping I get to stay safe; as the mouse did against the lion in Aesop's fable. They should be eternally grateful! Well here's to a better ending to round 2 of chemo.

I love all the love and support I have been receiving from everyone. I've never received cookies from home. I like that doorbell ring much more so than the IV junk that's coming out. Thanks to the Bierworth family, I will be eating some cookies today :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your service in making sure that the sewer rats continue to be fruitful and multiply... I know they've been starting some of those "Rat Walk for the Cure" events in some other parts of town... like Arcadia. And they're known for being extremely loyal, so I'm sure they'll do you a favor one of these days.
    I am loving the pictures... especially of the kiddos. They shine. Not sure what it is, but they just sparkle. So many kids don't these days, but just looking at their smiles makes me smile, too. You are blessed, big time. Hang in there friend and keep up the good fight.

    ReplyDelete