Thursday, August 6, 2009

Surviving wonderfully after day 1


Soooo..Yest was the first day of IV Taxol. The only side effect I had was falling asleep in the premeds; which I thought was just a typical Peg move. All I could think was what the heck am I falling asleep so dang early in the day already. And dang if Cea didnt notice. Turns out the culprit was the Benedryl. I fought it off very well though not knowing it was drug induced; and had a great time visiting.

Got to make the nurses all come running at once when I dropped(on accident I promise) the bell indicating I was having an anphalactic reaction to the Taxol. They did good. I think I would have survived if it was a real ring! Might I add, these nurses are very wonderful. Very caring and attentive.

The afternoon was spent fixing my once purple hair; that had turned to the color of a campfire ash. Kinda yucky. So Brianna and Cea fixed me up. I now am up for look alike for Annie Lennox. Everyone says I look a lot younger too. Dang, there goes my senior discount at Tacobell!!

Today and next Wed are intraperitoneal Cisplatin days. Cruddy days so they say. But like Julie says, this is what we need to get right to the source of the rotton junk trying to take over my belly. COME ON CISPLATIN. Here's to hoping all the new and fabulous and outragously priced premeds do their tricks.

Love you all. Thanks for the pizza last night Gonzalez family. It was great!

1 comment: