Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cancer-Zero...My Wife- Won

So today we did the Race for the Cure. Geez. There were a ton of people. What a neat experience. There were a lot of people there with the same hairstyle as mine. We must all go to the same stylist. "Mannequins are us." I was actually the only one I saw braving the doo without. I did wear my my hat when the sun started beating down on us. But then we found the sunscreen and I got to be a free woman again.
Got to do the walk with Madi's Girl Scout troop 1806. Madi is in Mexico building houses, I missed her walking with us. We did see Pam and Robin there. Robin is a survivor. She did a great job at kicking cancer's butt too.
I did have to make a slight alteration to my shirt to make it so it wasn't past tense. Since I am currently kicking cancer's butt with a stick. ( like that Emily & Julie ?)
And, I made Butthead's shirt. He actually wore the pink shirt. Cancer -Zero...My Wife-Won
I know that's kinda past tense; but only cuz as we all know....The cancer is gone, this chemo crap is just a formality. Besides, the Dr needs the rest of his money :)
After the walk I got to go to my grandma's and eat oatmeal with her while Randy and Marcus fixed her water leak. And right now, I am waiting for Nancy Williams to show up so we can go to Prescott for the night. We'll be back in time for the Dr's visit to see if I can have chemo this week.
Yest was a great day. Got to go to Carrie's baby shower for her twin boys that are due very soon. Then I went to see Whip it with Julie and Emily. That is one funny movie.
OK off to Prescott for the cool breeze and jacket, (gloves, hat, sweats,wool socks) and all that other wussy butt stuff I need to stay warm :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Peggy, It is an amazing blog with music and all. Thanks so much and enjoy Prescott!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peg, it is Pam. This is the coolest blog. You were great today. Bump in the road and lots to learn and I hope when you , me and all move forward in good health we remember what we have learned. I loved being with you guys today.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete