Thursday, October 8, 2009

This just in! Climbing trees in Flagstaff cures cancer!

So when I didnt have to have chemo this week, Cea and I decided to take full advantage of a cleared day. Sooo... we drove to Flagstaff. HOLY COW it was 30 degrees colder there. We stopped at Montezuma's Well and hiked around a bit. These hikes sure arent like the old days. How sad that I get tired hiking 100 yards up to the entrance of the well. I guess thats what poison racing thru your veins does to ya :( But I really really like the fact that it is kicking the crap out of the cancer so that in 6 months I get to go on a real live hike. :) Montezuma's Well was pretty darn neat. Kinda sad I didnt get to see any leaches in the water. But we did get the crap scared out of us by some little furry rodent or whatever that crosed our path.
We drove to Snow Bowl next to see some color changes in the trees. Very pretty colors starting. We decided to stop and play on the dead tree on the side of the road. It was fun till someone got hurt. Not really, but Cea did scratch her prescription sunglasses. I know...how the heck does that happen??? But it did. I did get some nice pics of the colors, hope to return on my next break, and see even more color. There was snow on the mountain and dusting on the trees. So so pretty. Loved the burger at Bun Huggers.
Then turned in my coin jar to buy a Life is Good t-shirt in granola town. It says The journey is the destination. Under hiking boots that look just like mine. Couldnt have found a more perfect saying.
I did get to play catch with Madi too. So far, my arm isnt trying to figure out WTF happened. I'm sure by bedtime tonight it will. But who cares. I havent played ball in 6 months. Heck, it was just like old times. I'm thinkin' if I put that wig on, I could easily pass as a 14 yr old, and play on their team.
PERFECT DAY....except I froze my butt off.
P.S. A great big thank you to the anonymous donor of the Walmart gift card to Margaret Downs that arrived in the mail.....Very sneaky, my family appreciates it greatly. Thank You..

No comments:

Post a Comment