Sunday, October 4, 2009

With a positive attitude, you're guaranteed success !

That's exactly what I have to keep doing. It's not like it's hard to do. But is Oh so easy to slip to the dark side. The dr wants to change chemo around since the peripheral neuropathy is now becoming an issue. He wants to make sure I get to keep walking and also be able to button my shirt. Dang this chemo is poison. I was informed he really didnt expect me to be able to finish all 6 treatments. Our plan now is to go out 28 days and see how much of the neuropathy resolves. He wants to lowe the dose of Taxol, and possibly even stop the course we are doing now and just switch drugs totally. No more intraperitoneal. This is killer news to me . I just wanted it to be regular ole regular 6 seeions, I'm good to go, go back to work and playing softball, and start my bucket list. so little plan change. Good thing I have my verizon army to help keep me on track. Thanks guys.
Well Randy was officially layed off work Fri. Let's just hope this is what needed to get into the solar energy field he has wanted so badly. I got 3 gifts myself this week. 1.I got to spend Friday with my east best friend, Julie and eat chocolate sauce and fruit. 2. I got told by Julie I was the most beautiful cancer patient she had ever seen! I really liked that one. 3. While at Pullano's Pizza Sat with the softball team, a girl fron Xavier's softball team came up to me and asked if she could give me a hug. Oh man it was it a sincere loving hug. She then informed me her mom just died from cancer and she wanted to wish me the best in getting better. Her dad was standing there and said yeah, she just died 6 months ago. We all started bawling. I told her thank you for my gift. I just had to tell Madi that isnt going to happen to me. What a neat neat gift. I will never ever forget that moment in my whole life. It was like she was hugging her mom again. Oh, really 4 gifts. 4. My neighbor Sharon came over last night with her grocery list pad and said, Lee and I are shopping for your family tomorrow. Oh, and 5. I got my I-touch replaced by Apple. No questions asked about the nice soaking it had in bubbles. How incredible can it get ???

2 comments:

  1. Peg- you are a great blogger... hope you continue writing in your post-battle days. Thanks for making me cry.. it really loosened up the crud that was stuck in my head. I am overwhelmed at your positive attitude... not surprised, just very, very happy. You are beautiful in so many ways. Have a blessed week! Hugs, Barrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Barrie, I cant wait to go on our hike.

    ReplyDelete